A colourful, healthy salad for that Sunday BBQ with friends and family.
Serves: 6-8 | Hands-On Time: 20 mins | Total Time: 30 mins
- 3 cups Forbidden Black Rice
- 1 cup white quinoa
- 1/2 large butternut pumpkin
- 2 large purple heirloom carrots
- 1/2 cup pepitas, toasted
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinaigrette
- 1/2 bunch parsley, chopped
- Garnish: sage leaves, mint, celery sprouts, basil, radish leaves, oregano & red sorrel
- Salt to taste
- Cook quinoa as instructed on package, cool and set aside.
- In a separate saucepan, cook Forbidden Black Rice as instructed on package, cool and set aside.
- Dice butternut pumpkin into 2cm cubes, blanch in boiling water for approximately 3 minutes, strain and refresh under cool water and set aside.
- Dice purple heirloom carrots into 2cm cubes.
- Add pumpkin, carrots, spring onions, pepitas, quinoa and black rice to a large bowl. Toss to combine.
- Wisk together olive oil, lime juice and red wine vinaigrette and drizzle over salad.
- Garnish with parsley, herbs and leaves (optional).